Substitute Information: Teachers, Nurses, Aides, & Secretaries
NEW substitute teacher/aide, nurse and secretary applications will be posted for the fall semester from June 6, 2023 through July 31, 2023. All applications must be completed on-line through our website –NO EXCEPTIONS.MANDATORY substitute orientation for NEW and RENEWAL substitute applicants will be held on Wednesday, August 2, 2023 from 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. at the Administration Building, 776 Magnolia, Port Neches, Texas
Substitute Teacher Handbook 2022-23
General InformationIt is the desire of the Port Neches-Groves Independent School District to have substitute teachers who hold Texas Teaching Certificates. Non-certified substitute teachers are used when certified substitutes are unavailable. In pursuit of this aim, three classifications of substitute teachers are maintained.
A Class I substitute teacher is defined as degreed and certified. (Registered nurses are included)
- $ 90 per day
- $ 95 per day in same assignment after 10 consecutive days
- $150 per day in same assignment after 20 consecutive days
- $150 per day in same assignment if principal requests for a full semester
- $125 per day if principal requests for a 6 week period
A Class II substitute teacher is defined as college degree only - not certified.
- $ 85 per day
- $ 90 per day in same assignment after 10 consecutive days
- $130 per day in same assignment after 20 consecutive days
A Class III substitute is defined as a substitute aide, clerk or secretary with high school diploma and/or some college hours.
LVN's are included here
- $ 75 per day
- $ 80 per day in same assignment after 10 consecutive days
Substitute custodians will be paid $11 hour
Substitute bus drivers will be paid the rate of $20 hour
Substitute bus aides will be paid the rate of $10 per hour
Substitute food service workers will be paid $10 hour
For payroll purposes a half-day will be defined as any portion of the period from 7:45 a.m. through lunch period or from the end of the lunch period through the end of the school day. A substitute will receive full pay for a major portion of a school day.