What's going on this week?
- Coffee fundraiser Sept 27 - Oct 11
- Order Forms on info table in choir room
- collect money with order
- Click HERE for the Coffee form and info
- Monday, Oct 4th - Afterschool REHEARSAL 3-5pm
Mandatory **The quicker we are able to get to our places on the risers, practice coming on and off stage, and sing through ALL the concert music as a full choir, the sooner we will be done!
- CONCERT REQUIRED Tues, Oct 5 @7pm
- in choir room dressed 5:30
- Tenor/Bass - black button down collared shirt, black pants (no jeans/sweatpants), ALL black shoes, black socks
- Soprano/Alto - black choir dresses, black shoes (it's easy to come in legging and a black undershirt and just put the dress on over your clothes)
- no jewelry (only stud earrings), no watches, no phones on stage
- BLACK FOLDER
- Leo Weeks will be setup to take student pictures before the concert from 4-5:30
- Next Booster Meeting- Thursday, Oct 7 @7pm
- REGION Sat, Oct 9th - 6:30am-6pm
- ALL PNG Choir students are required to work a morning or afternoon shift
- Students auditioning must have passed ALL classes the 1st 6 weeks with no incomplete averages
- Students auditioning must also turn in the TMEA COVID form saying you will follow any COVID protocols.
- NEXT Disney Payment $150 Due Wed. Oct 27
- if behind, get caught up soon or you'll be dropped from the trip
- Coffee fundraiser Sept 27 - Oct 11
PNGHS Choral Ensembles
Student vocalists are placed in a ensemble according to their vocal ability, attitude, participation, classification, and voicing needs. The three choral ensembles provide for a wide range of vocal abilities and time commitment.
Indian Chorale is a single block, auditioned choir made up of our top vocal students. This vocal ensemble has many other requirements and some extra opportunities. Students in Indian Chorale perform college level music at times, sing the National Anthem at home football games, are required to audition for Region Choir, participate in UIL Solo & Ensemble Contest, and perform with Indian Chorale at UIL Concert & Sightreading Evaluation.
Treble and Tenor/Bass choirs
As more students join choir we are striving to create choir classes to best fit the needs of our students. These are newly formed choirs. Treble referrs to students who sing soprano or alto where Tenor/Bass refers to students who sing tenor and bass. Treble Choir is for soprano and alto students in 10th, 11, or 12th grade. Tenor/Bass Choir is for all tenor and bass students not in Indian Chorale. Concert Treble is for 9th grade sopranos and altos. These ensembles are single block classes and which build on vocal skills previously learned. During the year, students will have required concerts, performance opportunities, fun game nights, and possible trips.
Advanced Vocal Techniques
Not a choral ensemble, but a specialized vocal class for those wanting to better their vocal ability, this class is for students who are also currently enrolled in a choir class. This class allows teachers to give more individualized instruction to students who want to further their vocal abilities and knowledge of their vocal instrument. We learn more advanced Music Theory, basic diction for Latin, Italian, German, and French, IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet), get extra help on Region music and UIL solos.
Keep your voice in tip top shape!
In order to keep your voice working at it's best
AND to keep your brain alert and ready to learn...
YOU MUST DRINK WATER!!
Do I need to practice?
If you have ever asked this question, the answer will always be yes!
Did you know that your body starts to forget things after 48 hours without practice?
What do I need to bring to Choir?
- 1" binder to hold music for class (optional)
- 1" or 1/2" BLACK 3-ring binder, no clear overlay - for concerts and class
- a pencil
- a highlighter
- a smile
- and a positive and encouraging attitude!
1 – Concert Treble Choir
2 – Music History
3 – Treble Choir
5 – Tenor/Bass Choir
6 – Indian Chorale
7 – Advanced Vocal Tech
Singer Savvy - Create an account and "add to home screen" for the site to function as an app on your mobile device. Use this app to track your daily vocal range, vocal activity, vocal naps, and water intake!
Music Tutor - Practice naming/playing notes on the Treble or Bass Clef staff. Time yourself to get a score. Play against friends to compete!
To add the choir calendar to your phone by URL, use this link: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/calsynct.asp?s=PNGHSChoir
To view the choir calendar on the CharmsOffice site, use this link: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/calendar.asp?s=prtnechhc