What's coming up next?
"Thank you for being the amazing teacher you are! You always greet your students with a beautiful smile that brightens our day. Thank you for your enthusiasm and constant joy."
"Thank you for always being there for me. You always had my back and helped me when I needed help. I have had an amazing time in your class. There is always something exciting to look forward to when I come to your class. You give us the opportunity to be open and be ourselves."
"You always put your students before yourself and we are so lucky to have you. Without you, I would not be as strong as I am today."
Region 10 Vocal
All choral contests and evaluations are scheduled through Music Region 10. For more information, check out the https://www.region10vocal.com/ website.
Keep your voice in tip top shape!
In order to keep your voice working at it's best
AND to keep your brain alert and ready to learn...
YOU MUST DRINK WATER!!
Do I need to practice?
If you have ever asked this question, the answer will always be yes!
Did you know that your body starts to forget things after 48 hours without practice?
Tips for Better Singing
- Keep everything RELAXED! (tongue, chin, neck, cheeks, shoulders)
- The tongue should be flat and relaxed, touching the back of the bottom teeth.
- Only move your tongue up on a t, d, l, n, or rolled r’s.
- Keep your rib cage open. Lungs expand down and out!
- Use your abs for support.
- Good Posture. Think balancing book on head or back to the wall.
- When speaking the text, use your head voice (Cinderella or Gingy).
- Modify vowels in your upper range. Modify when vowels begin to feel difficult as you get higher in pitch. This is rounding out the space in your mouth to an aw, eh, or ih vowel. ee=eh, ay=aw, oh=aw,
- Sopranos/Tenors modify on top space E and above. (open up the vowel)
- Altos modify on middle line B and above.
What do I need to bring to Choir?
- 1" binder to hold music for class (optional)
- 1" or 1/2" BLACK 3-ring binder, no clear overlay - for concerts and class
- a pencil
- a highlighter
- a smile
- and a positive and encouraging attitude!
1 – Concert Treble Choir
2 – Music History
3 – Treble Choir
5 – Tenor/Bass Choir
6 – Indian Chorale
7 – Advanced Vocal Tech
Basic Class Rules:
- Student is to be in their seat when the bell rings.
- Bring pencil and choir binder/music to class everyday.
- cell phones in backpacks
- Backpacks against the wall
- Follow directions the first time given
- No talking when teacher is talking
- No talking during announcements
- Stay in seat until dismissed
- Do not work on work from other classes during my class
Singer Savvy - Create an account and "add to home screen" for the site to function as an app on your mobile device. Use this app to track your daily vocal range, vocal activity, vocal naps, and water intake!
Music Tutor - Practice naming/playing notes on the Treble or Bass Clef staff. Time yourself to get a score. Play against friends to compete!
To add the choir calendar to your phone by URL, use this link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/c_91e7fea5a58a9d3a9bb13b6fa0eb661a45a24178d394013f5c6f51c00e5bd5c0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics