What is the PNE Tribe System?
This year at PNE, we will be implementing the House system. Students and staff will be sorted into six different houses (We will call them Tribes). Each tribe will form a community that will be their school family. We will be establishing a school culture that encourages school pride and tradition.
- to build and promote community across the grade levels and throughout the school
- to encourage positive behavior and expectations
- to teach students to take ownership of their role in the community
- to promote collaboration, teamwork and cooperation
- to promote healthy competition
- to grow self esteem
- to encourage positive attitude toward school and others
Our mission is to inspire, engage, and prepare each student for tomorrow by encouraging creativity, developing the six pillars of character, building strong minds, and promoting healthy bodies. Each tribe will represent one of the pillars of character.
Tribe points will be awarded to students for exceeding WILD expectations.
Examples for Awarding Points:
- using manners
- encouraging a peer
- resolving conflict
- standing up for what’s right
- improved lunch behavior
- being on-task when the majority of others choose not to be
- playing fairly
- being caring and sharing on the playground
- displaying a positive attitude to a specific task or school life in general
- participating and representing your tribe in competitions and sport (PE)
- other achievements worth recognition
- wearing tribe colors on Tribal Thursdays
- wearing PNE shirts on Mondays
- wearing purple & white on Fridays
- participation in dress up days (hat day, college t-shirt day, red ribbon, etc.)
- being a self-directed learner
- exemplifying problem solving behavior
- going above and beyond on assignments
- meeting growth goals
- getting parent signatures on all important paperwork (permission slips, progress reports, etc.)
How to Keep Up with Points:
- Teachers will have colored containers in their classroom.
- Each time a student earns a tribe point, the student will place a bean into his/her tribe container.
- At the end of each day, the classroom tribe containers will be emptied into the school’s tribal container near the cafeteria.
- The school’s tribal containers will be a visual display that students can use to see which tribe is in the lead for that 6-weeks.
- a pep rally celebration will take place at the end of each 6-weeks for the winning tribe
- a recognition will take place at the end of each semester for the top Tribe of the Semester
- tribe points will start over each 6-weeks, but a cumulative total will be kept for each semester
- UNFORTUNATELY STUDENTS THAT MAKE POOR CHOICES (Office Referrals) WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
Students will earn brag tags for their necklace during the pep rallies for the following:
*Perfect Attendance *Honor Roll *Indian Caught Being Good *Character Chief
*AR *Principal Choice Award *PE *Music *Goal Getter
Students will be able to purchase holiday, sports, and other fun brag tags throughout the year for $1.00.
STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE A FREE TRIBE T-SHIRT TO BE WORN ON TRIBAL THURSDAYS!
We are so excited to begin implementing our Tribe System! Don’t hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns.