Instructor: MRS. MARTIN
Welcome to 4th grade reading at Groves Elementary! I hope you are as excited to be here as I am. It is my hope that you will develop a love of reading and learning that will last a lifetime. This year we will explore reading genres and learn how to pick just right books. We will read some great novels and have book club style discussions. Get ready to curl up with a good book and share your adventures with us.
I am looking forward to getting to know and love each of you.Sincerely,Mrs. MartinBrandi Martin
Office Hours: 9:45-10:45
Sign up for Remind! To receive messages via text, text@martinrea to 81010 This is how I will notify parents about homework assignments.
A little about your teacher:
- I am a graduate of PNG
- I have a Masters in Education in Curriculum and Instruction & minor in reading from Sam Houston State University
- I hold certifications in EC-6, Special Education, ESL, Dyslexia Intervention, & Adult Education
- I love books, coffee, and critters!
Library day is Thursday. Students can AR test in the computer lab and classroom before school.Reading tutorials are Wednesday mornings at 7:45 beginning the second six weeks.
- Students will recieve spelling and vocabulary lists on Mondays. Students are responsible for studying every night. Tests will be on Fridays.
- Students should read 30 minutes a night with a family member. The more they practice reading the better readers they will become. Strong reading skills will help students improve in every content area!
AR INFO-Two reading grades will be taken from the AR program.
1. Daily Grade: one daily grade per 6 weeks will be taken from the AR program based on the number of points a student earns each six weeks
2. Test Grade: one test grade per 6 weeks will be taken based on the student’s comprehension average from all tests taken during the six weeks.
Your child should be working towards at least a …