Degrees and Certifications:
HOMEROOM - 1
Welcome to Mrs. Abbott's First Grade Class!
"The more that you read, the more you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you'll go!"
I am so blessed to be your child's teacher! Feel free to contact me when needed; parent-teacher communication is so important! We are going to have a fantastic year!
- 7:45-9:55 - Class Instruction
- 9:55-10:15 - Recess
- 10:15-11:15 - SAT time/small groups
- 11:15-11:58 - Class Instruction
- 11:58-12:28 - Lunch
- 12:28-1:10 - Class Instruction
- 1:10-2:10 - P.E. and Music
- 2:10-3:00 - Class Instruction
Whole Body Listening!
- My eyes are looking.
- My ears are listening.
- My mouth is quiet.
- I am sitting up tall with my bottom flat in my chair or on the floor.
- My hands are down and still.
- My feet are down and still.
- My brian is thinking about what is being said.
- I am proud when I use whole body listening!
Please be sure and check your child's green Saxon folder every night. Your child will have Saxon homework Monday-Thursday. Also, on Tuesday and Thursday, he/she will have Saxon reader. Please listen to your child read his/her reader, sign it and return it to school the next day. These readers contain the sight words and the skills we are covering. I will check your signature and return the book …