I am so excited to begin this second grade journey with "our child" and see how much they grow this year!! I became a teacher because your child's life is worth my time. I am blessed to be able to spend one brief year with your child making memories that will last a lifetime. I have been teaching second grade for over 30 years and LOVE it. I am married Jim Dykes and we have three amazing children, Bailey, Brant and Blaire. Bailey is a speech pathologist working in Cypress. Brant is a mechanical engineer and is working in Houston. Blaire is also a speech pathologist and works in Groves at a skilled nursery facility. We all came to Woodcrest together when they were in elementary school and have great memories of being together. My goal is to make great memories with this class of second graders, too. Second grade is filled with lots of learning and I want to thank you for entrusting me to prepare "our child" to be a lifelong learner.
I already know this will be an Amazing Year!!
Welcome to Mrs. Dykes's second grade! We love learning and having fun!
Some helpful tips and reminders for a successful year are:
- be at school on time and prepared to begin the day with ALL materials
- tardy bell rings at 7:50!
- make sure a parent or guardian initials the STAR notebook EVERY day!
- completely finish all homework if assigned
- A parent or guardian MUST check and initial all homework
- Clean out the STAR Notebook every day!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel to email me firstname.lastname@example.org,contact me on Remind101or call Woodcrest 724-2309
Thank you for helping me help our child be successful in second grade!I can't wait to see the growth of each child as we experience second grade together.It is a privilege tobe part of your child's life!
Second Graders Always
1. are a friend to others - No bullying
2. raise their hand for permission to speak
3. use clean language
4. treat others with respect
5. follow the classroom and school rules
6. play in a safe way
7. listen to all directions