Mrs. Perkins' Super First Grade
Instructor: Mrs. Perkins
Now that you are here this class is SUPER!
Thank you for visiting my page! My name is Mrs. Perkins. I want to welcome you to my SUPER first grade class!
I can guarantee, to you, this year will be most memorable and dear to my heart. I am very excited and grateful to be given the opportunity to help your child think, learn, and grow into the person they are meant to be in this world. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to call 724-2309 ext. 4628, email email@example.com, or make an appointment with me during my conference time. Open communication is very important to me, so we can be sure each child is receiving exactly what he/she needs!
Thank you J
1. Spelling Tests will be given each Friday. I will send a list home each Monday in your child’s daily folder so that you can help your child prepare. Sentence dictation will begin after the first few units.
2. Envision Math is the math series that we will use this year. Your child will have a math sheet to do for homework Mon.-Thurs. It will be in their daily folder.
3. Saxon Phonics is the phonics program we will be using. Your child will have a phonics homework sheet Mon. – Thurs. It will be in their daily folder.
4. Behavior is handled in a positive manner. Students are rewarded for making good choices with their behavior. Each child begins the day on purple- “Ready to Learn.” Students will be warned if a rule is broken. If the behavior continues, the student will move their magnet to the next color (yellow, orange, and then red). Documentation of your child’s behavior will be sent home daily on their behavior sheet.
5. Our class will go to the library once a week. Our library day is on Thursday. Your child will be able to check one book out at a time. There are open library times if your child needs a new book before our class goes again. Books will need to be returned on time so that new ones may be checked out each week.
6. We have 30 minutes for lunch. Please feel free to join your child for lunch. Our lunch time is 11:20-11:50.
7. Daily Folders will be sent home Monday-Friday. I will send homework home Monday-Thursday. Please go over your child’s homework and check for notes sent from school. If you need to send a note, place it in the folder. I check the folders each day. Homework not completed and papers not signed will cost the students recess. (The first few weeks I will give warnings).
8. Weekly Folders (Purple) will be sent home each Monday. The folder will contain work from the previous week. Any paper with a grade on it is recorded in my grade book. If a paper has a grade of 70 or below, it must be signed and placed back in the folder. Work that we completed or checked together will have a check mark on it rather than a grade. Please review the work and sign the enclosed sheet so that I will know your child brought the folder home to you.
I am looking forward to working with your child this school year. I know it is going to be a fantastic year!
Business: 409-724-2309 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no upcoming events to display.
8:45-9:45 PE/Music/Conference Time
10:25-11:00 Reading11:00-11:15 Sci/SS
1:45-2:15 LCCMonday-Coun Wednesday Library Thursday Compt.
2:20-2:40 Recess2:45-3:00 Closing